Effective Date: September, 01 2010
Information Collection and Use
The primary reason that we collect certain personal information is to provide the best possible level of customer service. It enables us to deliver product announcements, software updates and special offers as well as provide convenient and personalized user access and improve the features and usability of our products/information.
We may collect information and use it for internal business purposes in a number of situations, for example:
• Personal information such as name, e-mail address, contact preferences, which products and services you use, and transactional information such as your credit card number — to deliver and support our products and services;
• Demographic information such as your occupation and where you use your computer and mobile devices — to improve our understanding of our customer needs;
• Tracking information about your visit from the browser or application on your computer or mobile device, including IP address, cookies and the pages you request — to analyze trends, administer the site, track your navigation of the site, deliver relevant advertisements, information and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use (note that IP addresses are not linked to "personally identifiable information"); and
• Aggregate information from multiple users without personally identifying individuals, such as geographic region, which we may share with our business partners — to improve understanding of customer needs and provide relevant services.
You may elect to terminate your participation in the services at any time and/or delete information and material you have posted to any notebook. If you cancel your account, or delete any notebook or notebook content, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the service, but there may continue to be residual copies of such information due to the nature of the computer system's operation and ongoing data back-up and archiving.
Your Username and related information
The babemag.com web site allows you to create a "Username" based on your personal information. This is required in order to take full advantage of our services and any downloadable software products. It also allows us to provide more personalized and convenient service and saves time when you want to use our services, update your software or settings, or search for the requisite information.
Certain portions of the babemag.com web sites and services are open to any online viewer, such as user notebooks designated as "public," and our user forum. Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected and used by anyone, and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. We enable you to determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive information to publically accessible areas of our site, and so you should carefully consider how you use the services. We are not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to post in these locations.
Information disclosure to third parties
• We have your explicit consent to share the information;
• We need to share your information to fulfill your product or service request;
• We wish to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners, which we may do unless you "opt-out" of such communications by contacting us via the contact form, or by clicking the unsubscribe link found within our email updates;
• We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use or preservation of such information is reasonably necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations;
• You have explicitly requested information from our business partners, in which case it will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply;
• We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons or property;
• We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, or to enforce those Terms of Service; or
• We have a relationship with an affiliate or partner that you have an online or off-line (non-Internet) relationship with, or have visited the affiliate or partner's web site that links to or mentions our web site, and have registered for our online services through the partner or affiliate's program or web site.
You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use our products or services that require you to sign in or take advantage of all the features of babemag.com.
We may allow third party business partners that display advertisements on some of our web pages to maintain their own cookies on your computer. These business partners do not have access to our cookies and their use is subject to their own privacy policies.
We are committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
• Your password is protected by encryption and only you have access to it;
• Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is housed in a secure facility and we restrict physical and network access to this facility to select trained staff and regularly evaluates its technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users' data. As a rule, our employees do not monitor or view your personal information or content stored in the our service, but it may be viewed if we learn that our Terms of Service may have been violated and confirmation is required, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it; and
• Certain services provided by us support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If babemag.com learns of a security system breach we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the e-mail address that you supplied during registration or posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing. To request written notice of any security breach in writing, please send an e-mail with your request and mailing address to compliance at evernote.com or via postal mail to the address in the Contact Us section below.
Changes and Updates
If babemag.com should ever sell its assets, merge with another entity or file for bankruptcy, information collected from this web site and in the operation of the services may be transferred as assets of babemag.com
Babe Mag © Asean Media Group 2010